I have been taking photographs for over 40 years, one of my main passions and avocations. Only in the last five years, however, have I begun to exhibit and sell my fine art photographs to the public. I was trained in black and white and in the 1970s and 1980's I took primarily medium and large format photographs and developed and printed them in my own darkroom. This work was a blend of photo-journalism, portraits and landscapes. For the past 15 years, my work has been exclusively digital with a mix of black and white and color images. I am primarily self-taught, however, I have learned a great deal from fellow photographer friends and colleagues and a few photography courses over the last three decades. Over the years, I have also been influenced by a wide variety of gifted, dedicated, and inspirational photographers and artists.
Having trained on a large format view camera where each photograph can take 20 minutes or more to compose and shoot, I learned to slow down, look carefully, and pay attention. This process leads to fewer yet better quality images that focus on interesting patterns in nature. The subtleties of color, shadows and light and other intriguing visual features that might otherwise be overlooked come to the forefront.
The sample photographs on this web site span 25 years with the majority taken in the last five years. Most are landscapes and images from nature. Others are of people and include some portraits as well as some photo-journalist work. Other series on the site are: Still-life images of flowers and vegetables, 'Reflection" photographs many taken from my kayak on local rivers, Black and white images, Close up /abstract images of Ice, Panoramic images, Close up photographs of sunflowers, and two series of images from recent trips to New Zealand /Australia & Vietnam.
IMAGE SALES / ASSIGNMENTS / TEACHING
All of my photographs are for sale and can be printed in various sizes. I am also available for corporate / photo-journalism assignments, portrait sessions, and for group or individual instruction / lessons. Please send any questions, inquiries, or requests by filling out the 'Contact Form' in the 'Connect' section of this site.
All photographs and content on this website is the property and copyright © of Rob Houghton. If you wish to use anything from this website, contact Rob Houghton by using the 'Contact Form' in the 'Connect' section of this website or by email at email@example.com.
GALLERIES AND EXHIBITIONS
Ongoing: work shown at : St Francis Gallery, Lee, MA
Other past exhibitions:
• (Solo Show) August - October 2018 @ 171 Cedar Arts Gallery, Corning,
• (Solo Show) - Summer 2017 @ Sargent Memorial Library Gallery, Boxborough, MA
• (Two artitst show) - Oct-Dec 2017 @ Acton Co-work Conference Center Gallery- Acton, MA
• (Solo Show) February 1-March 31, 2017 @ Frameworks Gallery and Picture Framing - 10 Wall Street, Burlington, MA
• (Group show) September 8- November 5 2016 @ 3 Stones Gallery, 115 Commonwealth Ave. West Concord, MA
• (Solo show) August 2016 @ Habitat Education Center / Mass Audubon, 10 Juniper Rd, Belmont, MA
• (Solo show) May-June 2016 @ The Gallery at the Acton Memorial Library, 486 Main St. Acton, MA
• (Solo show) March-April 2016 @ Worcester JCC Gallery, 633 Salisbury St, Worcester, MA
• (Two artist show) January 16- mid March 2016 @ The Gallery at Villageworks, 525 Massachusetts Ave, West Acton, MA
• (Group show) January 10th- mid-March 2015@ Three Stones Gallery, 115 Commonwealth Ave, West Concord, MA
• (Solo show) March 20th- April 23rd 2015@ The Ayer Wood Gallery, Middlesex School, 1400 Lowell Rd, Concord, MA
• (Solo show) July 1st- August 31st 2015@ Reasons To Be Cheerful, 110 Commonwealth Ave, West Concord, MA
• Juried group exhibitions at the Concord Art Association, Concord, MA - 2013, 2014, and 2015.
• (Solo show) : Acton Coffee House, 342 Great Road, Acton, MA January-April 2014
• (Group show) May-June 2014 @ The Whistler House Museum of Art, Lowell, MA . (Juried show exhibition - Winner - best black and white photograph)
• (Group shows) 2013 and 2014 @ Indalo Gallery, Newton Highlands